Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Fight That Never Was

     The 14th of March 2010 was the most anticipated day of the month for boxing enthusiasts in the Philippines --  Manny Pacquiao was scheduled to defend his title from Joshua Clottey at Arlington, Texas. Just like previous Pacquiao fights, pay-per-view was offered in cinemas, the internet, and even via the local cable.

     Unlike previous Pacquiao fights, I decided to gift my husband with a ticket to view the fight live at the SM Mall of Asia as his advance birthday present. At first he was hesitant to go alone because he wanted both me and my son to join him. After a very brief discussion, he realized that it was better for him to enjoy this gift alone (our 3-year-old would never sit still throughout the entire event) and that we would follow him later in the day to watch the last of the Pyromusical Competition presentation, which was scheduled to begin at around 7 in the evening.

     So there was my husband queuing for the ticket (I was only given a "reservation") when he was handed a baseball cap with a Team Pacquiao logo from Motolite and a small package containing a 200 ml Head and Shoulders Shampoo for Men, a family sized Safeguard soap, and a few sachets of Head and Shoulders Menthol Shampoo -- not bad!

     As always Pacquiao won the fight by unanimous decision but spectators claim (I am really not fond of watching any boxing match) that it really was not much of a fight after all, rather it was as if they were only sparring with each other in the boxing ring. 

     For my part? I didn't really care who won, but I did care that I made my husband's day. Add this to the fact that the Pyromusical presentation was dazzling and fun to watch. My son had a blast, what with all the colors and styles being presented. 

     Overall, this was one day that everybody did have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment