Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Art Of Forgiveness

     No matter how much we avoid it, we still get into arguments with family, friends, and even our colleagues. It is relatively easy to argue, be mad, and even stay mad but then is it really that easy to ask for forgiveness and to forgive?

     I have had my own fair share of arguments but found out, the hard way, that not everybody is as willing and easy to forgive like I do. There are those that harbor anger and resentment over several years, without even a chance of forgiving the offender. I, on the other hand, simply need to be given some space -- let's say an hour or two at best, and I would be ready to forgive the person in question should my forgiveness be needed. On the other hand, if I was the one who inadvertently offended another person, I do not really know how to go about starting to ask for forgiveness, although it is my intention all along.

     Realistically, people do differ in attitudes and beliefs including the art of forgiving and asking for forgiveness. If you are left in a quandary as to whether you should be forgiving a person, ask yourself this, was the offence really that bad that necessitates days, months, or even years of anger and hate? Isn't it better to be forgiving and be at peace with yourself and others than to live day in and day out with anger and hate? Just think about it.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment