Thursday, April 8, 2010

Home Baking Business

I used to bake cakes for our pleasure and as gifts to family and friends when somebody suggested that instead of giving away those baked goodies why not try and see how I could make an honest earning out of my hobby. So that was the start of my baking career.

When I resigned from my day job last September 2009, I decided I would try to make a more conscious effort of promoting and selling my baked items, hence the birth of PAVZEL Homemade Cakes and Pastries. I won't sugar coat the reality that it has been tough to enter the baking business - what with the hundreds of available home bakers that have entered the market long before I did, but when you love something that you do then you simply do not give up.

Now, I have started to gain a number of clients and am steadily building up a good list of clients -- either through my online store or through family and friend recommendations.

It is hard but at the same time it is fun and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment