Monday, May 24, 2010

English Tutorials Anyone?

I've had a very exhilarating day yesterday. The day began quite normal, for me, except for the fact that I had to be online before 10 in the morning to prepare for an online training via Skype. A friend told me that there was a company in the Philippines who offered English tutorials online via Skype to Japanese nationalities who were interested in learning the English language.

So I visited their website, filled-up the application form and waited for them to call me. I was mildly surprised when after 2 days the "call" came. I was interviewed for 8 minutes after which they scheduled my training session.

The training session was fun. It did last for 2 hours but it was really fun. My trainer was quite easy to talk to, which made me feel more at ease about what I was trying to learn. I was then told that the result of the training session, whether passed or failed, would be sent via email on or before 10 in the evening.

I felt excited and nervous about the possible result. Soon enough night time came and lo and behold there was an email before 10 pm! I PASSED! I couldn't believe it! After all this was my first try at a tutoring position -- hmmm there is hope for me after all.

Now all I have to do is to send, via email, the necessary documents, review the teaching modules, open a bank account for the salary depository, and I can begin my stint as an online tutor! Life is good!

In case you live in the Philippines and would love to do some online tutoring, I encourage you to try and have a go at it, here's the address http://www.rarejobs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment