Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Modern Filipina

The modern-day Filipina is not limited to staying at home and doing household chores. They are well-educated, more outspoken, have good paying jobs, and last but not the least, become wives and mothers while being able to hold on to their individuality.

Safe to say, I am one of these "modern-day" Filipinas, and a wife and mother at best. I try to maintain a household but at the same time retain my individuality by working. I am fortunate enough to be working for a company that believes in "home-based" work. Whether they wish to save on office space or are really considerate of their employees was none of my concern when they informed us that we were having a "home-based" arrangement. Now that I am a wife and a mom to a 3-year-old boy, there has not been a day that passes for which I am thankful of the work set-up I have.

Most of my friends are now married and have started their own families. Some have even chosen to resign from their office-based work to take care of their little children. Now and again they have asked me to help them find work that is home-based. Fortunately, modern technology has allowed this to happen - via freelancing and online selling. I know that there are quite a number of blogs that cover these topics. The difference here is that I shall be discussing it based on my personal experience. In fact, I do not even dare discuss something that I have not had a personal experience with.

Do you have a topic that you want me to talk about? Drop me a line and I'll see what I can do to help you. After all, Filipinos are known for their hospitality and helpfulness.



No comments:

Post a Comment